Dear Families --
This year, we’ll be using a private online tool called HEARD -- www.heardnow.co -- for our classroom communication.
This tool is easy to use and works like other social networking sites. With HEARD, you’ll be able to:
● Get updates from the classroom
● See photos from our learning that can be easily downloaded to any device
● Sign up to volunteer for field trips or classroom needs
● View a calendar and create or RSVP to events
● Receive and share information and ask questions relevant to our class community
● Private message anyone in our group
● Connect with other parents without disclosing private contact details.
You can access HEARD from any web browser and via an iPhone app. HEARD also communicates via email. You will be invited to join HEARD and automatically opted into group communications via your email address. This ensures that you don’t miss important communication.
When you receive an email to join HEARD, I ask that you please take 3 steps:
1. Accept membership to our classroom group. You'll receive an invite via email. Click Confirm Membership.
2. Complete your profile with your real name and photo to help others associate names to faces. On the web platform, click on your name at the top right, then click My Profile. (On mobile, click on the top left menu icon -- 3 horizontal lines, then My Profile.)
Add your child to your profile. You can invite grandparents or another guardian if you’d like.
3. Adjust how frequently you'd like to receive email notifications for the activity happening in our group. Click on your name at the top right, then click Settings. (On mobile, click on the top left menu icon, then Settings.) Then click on the setting -- High, Normal, Low or Mute.
In Settings, scroll down to choose a Daily or Weekly Digest (an email summary of group activity) and change the language. You can write a post or private message in any language, and it will be translated to the recipient’s preferred language. If you don’t see your language, let me know.
HEARD works on any device and is viewable via your web browser. iPhone users can download a free app. Android users can Book Mark or Add HEARD’s login page to their device’s home screen. The sign-in page: https://www.heardnow.co/users/sign_in.
The HEARD Help Center can help you use the platform.
We’re excited about the possibilities of this tool and encourage you to support our community by participating in and using it.