How to Schedule Parent-Teacher Conferences on HEARD
You can schedule parent-teacher conferences for your class on HEARD using the Announcement post on the web platform. Announcement posts allow you to:
- Save a draft and come back to finish it
- Edit the post after you send
- Format (bold, italics, headings, bullets, etc.)
- Bypass email notifications that members in your class group set to Low or Normal, so that they receive an email notification about your post.
Let's get started:
1. On the web platform, click the +CREATE button at the top right.
2. Click Announcement to create a post.
3. Fill in the To and Subject boxes, and type in your message.
To make it easier, copy and paste this text into your post and edit, which gives parents directions on how to select a conference time:
Hi Families --
Please sign up for a conference for the week of March 5.
To do so, click on the button for the date/time you'd like. Your profile photo will appear next to that button, showing you've reserved that time/date.
If you selected a time button and want to change your selection, click the button again. It will remove your profile photo from that button. Then click the time button you want.
If you see a profile photo on a time slot, it has been taken. Please select a different time slot.
4. You'll see Action Buttons on the right of the post, click Custom. This will add a button into the post that you can assign a date/time for a conference slot. Click the Custom button for each available conference time slot.
5. Edit the text in each button, noting a date and time
5. When finished, click Send Announcement at the bottom. Your post will look like this:
Once your conference post is sent
Families can click the time button to reserve their conference. Their profile photo will appear next to the button, so you and other families know that time slot has been taken.
Can a parent change their conference time? Yes. If a parent selected a time button and wants to change their selection, they can click the button again. It will remove their profile photo from that button. Then they can click the time button they want.
By clicking on the down arrow icon at the top right of the post, you can access the post Dashboard, which tells you who signed up for each time slot.
The Dashboard will look like this:
You can see who has read your post and re-send to those who haven't read. You can click on Send New Post if you want to send a message to a parent who clicked on that time slot.