HEARD Quick Start Guide
We created HEARD with a simple set of features and a social networking-like design, so using it would be easy and intuitive.
A searchable online Help Center is accessible via the platform or mobile.
iPhone users can download a free app. Android users can book mark the sign-in page or add it to their home screen via these instructions. HEARD sign-in page: https://www.heardnow.co/users/sign_in.
Here are 3 steps to get you started:
1. Join HEARD.
You'll be invited to HEARD via an email invite or special link from your school.
Confirm Membership in the invite or click on the special link. HEARD will launch and ask you to create your profile. Use your Facebook account to sign in or create a new profile with your email address.
2. Create your community profile.
Profiles make up your school's directory on HEARD. People can reach you even if you don't disclose your contact details. Please use your real full name and photo. If you are parents, you can add family members (even grandparents or other guardians). This helps others easily identify you and associate family members.
If you sign up with your Facebook account, your Facebook profile picture is automatically imported. If you choose not to set up a profile, you will see the newsfeed and receive notifications, but you will not be able to post.
To create your profile:
- On the web platform, click your name at the top right, then My Profile. On mobile, click the menu icon at the top left (3 horizontal lines), then My Profile.
- Complete the profile form, entering as much information as you’d like and making your email visible or not.
- Click Save when done.
3. Adjust how often and in what language you want to receive communication.
HEARD sends emails to alert you to activity happening in your group(s). You’ll begin getting emails for all activity. Adjust the frequency of these emails from High (emails for every post and comment) to Mute (no emails).
To change email notification frequency:
- On web platform, click your name at the top right, then Settings. On mobile, click the menu icon on top left (3 horizontal lines), then Settings.
- Under Email Frequency, you'll see all the groups to which you belong. Select a frequency level from the drop-down menu for each group.
Select a daily or weekly digest -- a summary of your group's activity. The daily digest arrives in the evenings. The weekly digest arrives on Friday evenings.
To change the digest frequency:
- In Settings, scroll down to Digest Frequency and select your preference from the drop-down menu.
Write a post or private message in any language, and it will be translated to the recipient’s preferred language.
To change the language:
- In Settings, scroll down to Language and select one from the drop-down menu.
Create a post to ask questions or share news, advice and updates with any group.
To create a post:
- At the top right, click +CREATE (on mobile, click the + sign at top right), then click Post.
- Click the To field and select a recipient from the list that appears. Repeat to add more recipients.
- Add a Subject and enter your message in the Click here to post box.
- Optional: Click Add a Date and Location. Enter a location in the Location field. Click the calendar icon to select a start and end date. Click the clock icon to select a start and end time.
- Optional: Add Photos or Attach Files from your device.
- Click Post to finish.
You can also create a post by clicking on the group you want to message on the left sidebar. Then click Post.