Administrator of a Group
Being an Admin/Leader of a Group
You are an admin of a group if you create the group or are assigned as an admin by the group creator. Giving someone admin or leader privileges gives them access to:
- Assign other admins to the group (instructions below) or Edit a member's status to an admin. To edit a member's status, click on the group. Click People. Scroll to the person you want to edit. Click Edit.
- Send important Announcement posts to the group. These posts bypass email notifications set to LOW and MEDIUM, so they are received via email.
- Delete, archive or rename the group.
- Delete a post or comment from the group's feed.
- Remove a person from the group.
Assign Admin/Leader of a Group
You can only assign an admin/leader to a group if you created the group or are an admin of the group.
To assign an admin/leader to a group:
- Click on the group you created on the left side bar.
- Click Invite People.
- Click Add Class Leader.
- If the person your adding is already in a group you share, their name will pop up when you type their name in First Name. Select it. If they aren’t in a group you share, complete the text boxes, including email address.
- Type their title in Title in Class -- i.e., Teacher, Teacher Assistant, Room Parent
- Type a message in the Personal Message box explaining the group and their role in the group.
- Click Send Invite or Send at the top right.